Monday, June 23, 2008

Seminar

My teacher training seminar last week was a great success. There were the inevitable bumps along the way, but all of my students loved having five other volunteers in town to talk with. We taught them a bunch of teaching methodologies and games that they can use when they become teachers. And of course they had plenty of time to practice speaking English. Now that I'm finished with the seminar (and can relax), I'll travel first to Almaty and then to Ust Kamen in the East of Kazakhstan for another kids camp. This is my month off; after Ust Kamen I'm going to try to go to Tajikistan and/or Kyrgyzstan with a couple other volunteers. I'll keep you updated and try to post some pictures. The following are some pictures from last week's seminar at my site.



Nate, my host sister (and best student) Guzal, and Kimi



Matt and Nate with the best meat I've had in country. The first pork I've eaten, too (it was at a Russian family's house). Juicy pork chops, mmm.


Opening Day for our seminar. I did a tv interview, though I never got to see it.


Emiko teaching some students how to write a lesson plan.


Robert playing a vocabulary game with some students.


Kimi, my youngest host sister Medina, and Emiko. Medina loved having more playmates.

No comments: