Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In Praise of Not Practicing

Quick Update:

I just want to let everyone know that my food prospects are good during Ramadan. Around the house, only my dad and one sister are fasting, so that leaves 8 or 9 other mouths plus me eating while the sun's up. And at work the cafeteria definitely still functions. So here's to non-practicing citizens, of whatever religion.

And what's with the candidates this year? Three out of four have children serving in the Armed Forces. McCain has one son at the Naval Academy and another in the Marines, Palin has one son who's an Army infantryman, and Biden has one son who's National Guard JAG and deploys to Iraq next month. And I don't think Obama's are quite old enough to sign up. But it's quite a difference from the choices in 2004, which were a little bit more of the privileged classes.

No comments: